Bearing Witness

ImageDave typically does chemo on Wednesdays.  He spends most of his day in the infusion lab and then leaves with his pack which he wears for 48 hours.  When he gets home from the lab, he generally eats something and heads to bed.  Thursdays he sleeps in a bit and then heads off to work in the late morning or early afternoon.  At least this is what I assumed since I work on Thursdays and am not home.  This week, because of Thanksgiving, he had his infusion on Monday and gets disconnected today.  I don’t work on Tuesdays so I was home on his middle day.  He was down for the count.  He slept in, got up and ate something, read the paper and then went back to bed.  He slept the entire day.  When he did finally rally for a birthday dinner celebration with his family, he was still exhausted and feeling very ill.  I had no idea.  None.  Seeing his family did give him a burst of energy, and I think that for that few hours, he felt a little better.  When we got home, he went straight back to bed.  Yesterday was a very eye opening day.



2 thoughts on “Bearing Witness

  1. Robyn- Give him a big kiss from me and one for you also. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and remember you all are always in my thoughts and prayers. Love you all to pieces. Auntie

  2. Wow! This gives new meaning to not passing judgement until you have walked in someone’s moccasins, for me! I cannot imagine having those days for the past15 months and still trying hard to be upbeat and living your life as “normally” as possible.
    No wonder he would love to have a break!
    Hugs to him and all of you as well. Mom

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s