I have been slacking on the blogging front. Life has been moving along steadily, and we are busy with all the normal day to day things. I am happy to say that nothing totally earth shattering has been happening as of late. There are a few things worth mentioning though…
1. Dave’s CEA number is down to 22 from 39 pre-SirSpheres treatment. This makes sense because the tumors in his liver have been radiated to death.
2. The Vectibix rash has come on with a vengeance. It is not so noticeable on Dave’s face but is all over his scalp and chest. He is increasingly uncomfortable and is hoping to get some better remedies when he goes in this week for his labs and pre-chemo appointment.
3. We’ve been seeing a counselor at the Life with Cancer Center. She had two major suggestions which have made a tremendous impact on the mood and atmosphere in our home. I am so grateful.
4. I finally connected with a friend of my parents. She walked the cancer path with her husband and was so generous to share her knowledge, strength and advice. I am always amazed when I realize how extensive our support network is.
5. We got “Boo’ed” tonight. Parker is THRILLED. Thank you to the kind neighbor who included us in the Halloween fun.