1. By some miracle the gifts have all been bought and wrapped. The shoppings gods were smiling on us Saturday because we encountered manageable lines and found all the items for which we were looking. Woohoo! (Although this is the first year that I can remember that one of the kids is not getting their #1 wish list item. I am hoping the surprise gift will soften the blow!)
2. Dave has a new set of wheels for the many many trips to Baltimore that he will be making while on the clinical trial. He really wanted a hybrid and picked out the Subaru Crosstrek in bright lime green. We are affectionately calling it the “snot bubble”. I will be much less stressed knowing that he is in a safe and reliable car as he journeys to Johns Hopkins.
3. The gifted minds and hands of the doctors and nurses who are treating Dave. And especially for the ones who also practice medicine with their hearts and souls.
4. The five of us together. It is nice to have a full house once again. I am also enjoying having the kids’ friends over contributing to the hilarity and energy here.
5. Friends and family. Friends and family. Friends and family.