At least once a week one of us says, “Can you imagine how much Dad would have loved…” We will be mid-experience and have the bittersweet moment of realizing what he is missing and how much he would have enjoyed it. How excited he would have been about-
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Grant keeping it old school and blasting his new Van Halen record on his new record player
- Parker and Grant dominating all the roller coasters and thrill rides at Disney and Universal – actually the whole Christmas trip
- Hayfield swimming against South Lakes for the first time. He would have been wearing orange from head to toe but cheering loudest for Grant.
- The 28″ of snow that landed on our house and kept us out of school for 11 days.
- Grant’s Christopher Lloyd sighting at the Reston Town Center Back to the Future Film Festival
- Most recently Sam landing a paid internship with an evolutionary biologist for the summer.
Nothing made him happier than seeing his family happy and successful especially when those experiences also intersected with his passions and interests. He would have been over the moon to live these moments with us. I think we all enjoy them a little extra knowing how he would have been grinning from ear to ear and fist pumping and thumbs upping. There is no one like him.